- Brazil exits recession.
- Job creation balance on the positive side after January’s report.
- Increased efforts towards joining the OECD.
- Trump’s trade war an economic setback.
- Roger Gallério’s new Federal Police leadership is taking shape.
Continue reading Weekly Brief
- “Paulo preto”, ex-director under José Serra’s state government, is accused of having operated a kickback scheme during the mandate of the former governor of São Paulo.
- The Minister of Public Security, Raul Jungmann, wants to discuss potential appointees to the Federal Police with its new director.
- The OECD released a report outlining obstacles in the way of a Brazilian membership.
Continue reading News Brief –– March 1
- Fernando Segovia, head of the Polícia Federal (Federal Police), is replaced by Rogério Galloro after much criticism.
- The Prosecutor General, Raquel Dodge, wants to include Temer in another corruption investigation.
Continue reading News Brief –– February 28